Thank you for your interest in supporting the Cooperative Design Lab: a development course for worker, producer and hybrid cooperatives. Cooperatives build local economic resilience by meeting community needs for goods, services and jobs through shared democratic business ownership. Cooperative Fermentation is offering this course to strengthen the network of cooperatives in the region and to support the formation of co-ops in local farming and food production. Your support will help make this course happen and be accessible for people to participate.
Participants will gain the knowledge, skills and capacity to start a cooperative business.
Through the course, participants will:
- go through a step-by-step process to create a co-op
- plan their business
- prepare and share meals together
- engage in personal development
- discern appropriate organizational structures
- learn tools for cooperative leadership and management
- connect to mentors, coaching and technical assistance
- explore the role of cooperatives in building a resilient economy
Cooperative Design Lab will meet three weekends from January to March in 2015 at the Wayfinder School in New Gloucester and online for webinars. There will be homework including readings, films, group projects, and journal work. In celebration of course completion, participants will have the opportunity to present their ideas to an audience of community members, mentors, funders, and policy makers.